CDM Recruitment Ltd are currently recruiting for an experienced Commercial Officer to join a highly reputable organisation based in the North East on a permanent basis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Reviewing, drafting and assisting with negotiating contracts
· Support Business Development in the submission of tenders
· Negotiation of favourable contracting terms for the company with customers and suppliers;
· Maintaining a detailed working knowledge of existing contract terms and assisting project teams to ensure compliance and identify potential variations to contract
· Take the lead on agreeing contract variations with customers
· Identifying and communicating critical commercial/contract tasks and key risks;
· Provision of general commercial/contract support to all internal stakeholders
· Implementing standard processes and procedures.
· Producing / maintaining group contractual documents / T&Cs
· Must have a sound knowledge of contract and commercial law
· Excellent communication skills both orally and the written word
· Proven stakeholder management skills will be required and an ability to be adept at dealing directly with directors, senior managers, customers and suppliers
· Flexible, Adaptable, Confident team player, able to work in a small team with the pressure of tight deadlines
· Be comfortable working independently on complex and varied tenders
· Ability to extract key commercial, legal and risk issues from bids and tender documents
· Organised and able to work well under pressure and multi-task
· Ability to actively listen, understand and respond appropriately
· Excellent communication skills: both written & verbal; an excellent telephone manner is essential.
If you are interested in this role please forward your CV with a covering letter highlighting your experience relevant to this role as well as your current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
CDM Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.