Job Title: Senior Production Planner
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000
Location: Gateshead, Tyne & Wear
Our client is a leading manufacturer located in Gateshead, Tyne & Wear. They are now recruiting for a Senior Production Planner to join their existing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and providing an effective production planning / project management service within their busy heavy engineering manufacturing facility.
- Responsible for providing an effective planning service in support of project delivery.
- Co-ordinate all project planning activities from end to end for production builds.
- Responsible for providing accurate and timely project data to ensure deliverables are met utilising various software tools such as Microsoft project.
- Plan production projects in line with the business and commercial requirements of the division.
- Assist in the overall delivery of a project by the team, monitoring contracts during production to ensure adherence to programme and to ensure it meets the needs of the business.
- Implementation of new project management and planning systems.
- Ensure that projects are delivered to budget and estimate including ensuring the quality of the products and effective time delivery.
- Detailed contract planning to ensure products are assembled and tested in an efficient and effective manner.
- The successful candidate must be educated to a minimum of HNC in Engineering or equivalent.
- Manufacturing planning experience within a heavy engineering environment.
- Understand & apply financial information.
- Ability to deal with all levels of management and staff.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Understanding of business functional areas including QESH.
- Good people management skills.
- £30,000 – £35,000 basic salary.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 stats.
- This is an opportunity to join a very fast paced environment with the opportunity in the future to grow.
If you would like further information then please feel free to get in touch on email@example.com / 0191 4692409 / 07525 834274