Job Title: Quality Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Washington, Tyne & Wear
Our client is a leading manufacturer based in Washington, Tyne & Wear. Due to continued expansion they are now looking for a Quality Engineer to join their existing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for SQA and supplier development.
- Interfacing with suppliers and customers on product quality and related technicial issues.
- Management of 8D supplier corrective actions reporting systems.
- Manage supplier quality issues to ensure swift, effective resolutions of problems and to minimise escalation of those issues.
- Initiate and support pro-active supplier quality improvement activities.
- Investigate, resolve & audit effectiveness of supplier corrective actions.
- Maintenance of ISO 9001 QMS system, accreditation and liaison with BSI.
- The successful candidate must be educated to HNC level or equivalent.
- Experience within an automotive manufacturing environment.
- Professional quality management qualifications.
- Experienced with different quality management techniques i.e 8d, 5why analysis.
- Six sigma black belt or green belt would be advantageous.
- Previous audit experience.
- Trained and experienced in ISO 9001.
- Good understanding of 2D & 3D cad drawings.
- £negotiable Salary.
- Monday – Thursday 8am – 4.15pm & Friday 8am – 1.30pm.
- 25 days plus 8 bank holidays.
- Company pension scheme.
If you would like further information then please feel free to get in touch on;
0191 4692409 / 07525 834274