Job Title: Transport & Production Planning Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Wage: £negotiable depending on experience
Location: Gateshead, Tyne & Wear
Our client is a leading heavy engineering background based in Gateshead, Tyne & Wear. They are now looking for a Transport & Production Planning Manager to join their existing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the planning of work on the shop floor, supervising staff and arranging transport.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the production facility making sure that everything runs smoothly at all times.
- Planning jobs and making the most of materials in order to cut down on wastage.
- Following all health and safety and following regulations including any company procedures.
- Allocating work to different machines in order to produce goods in a timely manner.
- Coordinating with transport companies and ensuring that the products are ready to be loaded onto the relevant vehicle to ensure flow of goods in / goods out.
- Supervising 8 – 9 staff including machine operators, overhead crane operators and welders.
- Work to daily / weekly/ monthly/ quarterly/ annual KPIs.
- Provide reports on production work / labour plans in order to identify trends.
- The successful candidate must have a strong background within production management / production planning or a similar role.
- Experience of planning work on the production floor ensuring minimum wastage of materials.
- Report writing skills.
- Experience within heavy industry / engineering.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- £negotiable depending on salary.
- Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm.
- 23 days plus 8 bank holidays.
- Company pension scheme.
If you would like further information then please feel free to get in touch on;
0191 4692409 / 07525 834274