We are seeking a Sub Agent Assistant Site Agent to work for a well-known civil engineering contractor with multiple projects all in the North East region.
The organisation employs just over 1,000 direct members of staff and has three North East offices and a turnover in excess of £180 Million per annum. The company has a strong reputation for delivering a multitude of civil engineering projects including new roads, sewers, flood alleviation schemes, WWTW, sea defence, housing and commercial development groundworks and earthwork to name just a few. Their projects are either delivered as principle contractor or sub contractor depending on the nature of the work and often range between £100K and £7 Million in value.
We are seeking applicants that can undertake the following:
· A strong track record in groundworks, drainage, sewers, foundations and roads
· Managing the overall site and providing guidance to trainee engineers
· Working closely with General Foreman/Site Manager re. resource and operations management and planning
· Management of sub-contract packages
· Commercial awareness would be an asset.
· It is possible that the successful candidate will have involvement in projects in the Kent area from time-to-time.
· Previous Senior Engineer type experience with 5 years working in Civil engineering
Working knowledge of NEC contract conditions, CDM regulations, design management, programme and risk management and cost control including forecasting, actual cost and value reporting Good knowledge of specifications and testing regimes relevant to general
· civil engineering
· Degree/HNC in Civil Engineering, or equivalent
· CSCS card
· 5 Day SMSTS
The role offers a competitive salary and package for more information on the role please contact David Fletcher of CDM Recruitment on 0191 250 2111 or 07712394975