CDM are delighted to be working with an international business who were formed in 1989 and specialise in supplying parts into the Automotive industry.
Due to ongoing growth, there is an immediate, Permanent requirement for a Senior Production Engineer to join the operation in the North East.
The responsibility of this role is to provide engineering leadership and take ownership of injection mould processes. Ensure process quality and capability is maintained. Lead process development to achieve manufacturing cost reduction in a highly competitive market. Take responsibility for process engineering function in both Injection and Painting processes. Leadership of cross functional teams to deliver QCD in demanding environment.
· Promote effective teamwork through clear communication and team building skills
· Control of design changes from External/Internal customers to implementation
· Develop and implement processing standards across injection and paint processes
· Development of process documentation
· Responsibility for processing area layout and facility arrangement
· Apply your working knowledge of Lean Principles to process design and process operation
· Develop effective Poke Yoke processes to eliminate process defects
· Design and implement moulded part assembly processes
· Review and improve material controls and material cost reduction
· Management of process teams safe working including personal operations and contractor management
· Core team member for investigation, analysis and rectification of customer concerns, 8D investigation
· Core member for IATF and Customer audits, including completion of corrective actions
Skills and Experience
· Sound background in injection mould engineering gained in a fast moving manufacturing environment.
· Exposer to Paint Engineering concepts
· Comprehensive range of problem solving skills.
· Leadership and management.
· In depth understanding of leading process improvements.
· HND / HNC in a Engineering discipline
· Minimum of 5 years Process Engineering experience
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experiences for this role then please click and apply, if you require any further details feel free to contact us.