CDM are delighted to be working with an international business who were formed in 1989 and specialise in supplying parts into the Automotive industry.
Due to ongoing growth, there is an immediate, Permanent requirement for an Engineering Manager to join the operation in the North East.
The responsibility of this role is to manage the Engineering function and to deliver processes capable of delivering world class quality products to the Automotive OEM. Drive engineering department to improve processes capable of achieving product on time and on cost. Lead process development to achieve manufacturing cost reduction in a highly competitive market.
· Develop clear engineering strategies to meet business objectives.
· Develop and manage detailed departmental activity plan to ensure delivery of KPI
· Management of resources to support Productivity and Product Quality targets
· Development of engineering staff through leadership, mentoring and training.
· Identify and analyse opportunities, design lean manufacturing processes using effective systems to optimize space, equipment, material and personnel.
· Work closely with production, quality assurance and maintenance personnel to prevent problems with products and tooling/fixtures.
· Ensure all manufacturing safety regulatory policies and procedures are implemented and maintained at all times.
· Be informed of and present new manufacturing technologies and equipment in order to manufacture and reduce cost through efficiencies.
· Support all current and new product introductions.
· Writing of engineering specifications to ensure vendors/subcontractors are manufacturing products to meet the business requirement for new processes/process development.
· Ensure Engineering determine and eliminate root causes and diminish occurrences in the manufacturing process.
· Provide clear direction in reducing cost through re-engineering product/material.
· Responsible for section, cost negotiation and management of engineering service contractors.
Skills and Experience
· Sound background in mechanical and electrical engineering gained in a fast-moving manufacturing environment.
· Comprehensive range of problem solving skills.
· Leadership and management.
· Ability to apply acquired skills and experience to ensure continuous process capability abnormal conditions
· Degree / HNC in Engineering discipline
· 5 years experience in similar environment
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experiences for this role then please click and apply, if you require any further details feel free to contact us.